Days 2 and 3 were spent on the beach near our hostel but I was only able to be in the sun one of those days since I got very sun burnt. One of the nights was Kava night at hostel. Apparently you don't experience Fiji if you don't try Kava. It is this brown, muddy-looking liquid that tasted very earthy. Before drinking it, I was supposed to clap once and say 'bula,' then after drinking it, I had to clap three more times. While this was going on, a group called the 'Kavaholics' would sing Fijian songs. It was quite an experience.
Next, we headed off to Sydney. Sydney is different than any other city I've been to. The architecture of the buildings are so pretty and the people seem so trendy. The first day we walked to the opera house and the harbour bridge. Both sites were very cool to see in person. Day 2 was spent at the aquarium and Wildlife World. Here, I saw gigantic alligators, sharks, dugongs, koalas, kangaroos, wallabies and many others. All animals were ones native to Australia. On the third day we enjoyed a beach tour. We started at Coogee beach and then walked to Bondi beach stopping at three other beaches along the way. The waves were very big at all of the beaches and the water was much colder than Fiji. Finally, on the last day we went to the top of Sydney tower. This was a sight to remember! I was able to view all of Sydney; it's difficult to be able to put it into words how amazing it was. We also visited the Australian museum. There were many artifacts and facts of aboriginal people and extinct animals of Australia including dinosaurs! The nights have been spent at the 'Side Bar' in our hostel where we've listened to live music from local musicians.
So far this trip has been amazing and I am loving every minute of it! I have met so many people from around the world and it seems that everyone is on an adventure like me! I am excited to reach Perth and experience what comes next! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment