 |
| Freo street performers festival |
The second study break was much more relaxing than the first. The plans for the Margaret River fell through last minute and so I just stayed in Perth. However, I was able to do quite a few things around Perth. One of the evenings my roommate Dan and I made kangaroo. It was a little sad to eat remembering the ones I fed at the zoo but I liked it nonetheless. It was similar to steak and we made it on kebabs along with capsicum (green peppers). Another one of nights, a couple of friends and I went to a Mexican restaurant. I never imagined missing Mexican food so much! The food wasn't very authentic, and there were pronunciations beneath the food items. It was still good but Mexican food isn't very popular here in Australia.
 |
| scuba diving on Anzac Day |
The Monday after Easter was Anzac Day which is similar to the U.S. memorial day. There were lots of parades and celebration. Tom, Dan, and I decided to go scuba diving in celebration :) It was just a try-dive for people considering certification but it was still fun to do. We went to a "shipwreck" made by the company and saw colorful fish there. After scuba diving we went to Fremantle. There was a street performers festival for Anzac Day. That was pretty fun to see. There, I saw the most tattooed guy in the world, he's in the Guinness book of World Records.
 |
| London Square |

Later in the week, I went to London Square in Perth city. This is an alley of shops and it looks like buildings from the early 1900's. I was able to get some souvenirs and take a few pictures. On Friday night we went to the Fremantle prison for a tour. This is no longer an active prison and we chose the "torchlight tour" because we thought it would be scary. It was similar to a haunted house and the tour guide told stories of the prisoners.
 |
| After the Freo prison tour |
 |
| More parrots |
On Saturday I went to Rottnest Island. This is a vacation spot about a half hour off the coast. The island is one of the only places native to Quokkas, which are marsupials that look like a mixture of a kangaroo and a mouse. Very cute. We also saw a peacock. Apparently they are native to the island as well. It seemed that no one else gave it a second look while my friends and I were frantically taking pictures of it! We visited the lighthouses on the island as well as the beach. It was a very fun day.
 |
| Quokkas |
 |
| Peacock by the food court |
 |
| Rottnest Island |
 |
Fish and Chips flavored ice cream, it didn't
taste very good! |
With only 3 weeks left of school, I have a lot of assignments due. There wasn't much homework throughout the semester, and now everything is due at once. For instance, in the next two weeks I have 3 papers, a project, a speech, and a final exam and so I have been busy studying! I suppose it is nice to get the homework out of the way before the next study break in New Zealand!
 |
| Photo for a photography project |
No comments:
Post a Comment